U12 Northern Girls League
All to Play Rules for 10 players
- 6 x 4 minute periods, followed by a last period of 8 minutes
- In the 6 x 4 minute periods, each player to play 12 minutes
- In the last period of 8 minutes, coaches can use any players
- A 2 minute break between the first 8 minute quarter and the second
- A 2 minute break between the third 8 minute quarter and the fourth
- A 5 minute half-time break
- No effective breaks between other 4 minute periods
This would mean that all girls in a 10 girl team would be guaranteed 37.5% court time
Teams with Fewer than 10 Players
No hard and fast rules but an expectation that coaches will appreciate that we will only make progress by allowing all players significant playing time and, in no circumstances, would any player have less than 37.5% playing time.
Download: U12 Girls Minutes Time Sheet (13.5kb Excel file)
Some Suggestions on Game Rules
- Full height hoops
- Size 5 ball
- Normal foul rules
- Normal free throw rules
- Man for man defence only
- Front to back rule in
- 24 seconds, 8 seconds, and 3 seconds rules all in but not necessarily rigidly enforced
- No pressing if team is 15 points ahead
- 2 time outs in first half and 2 in second half.
Tournament Confirmation and Kit Colours
It would be very helpful if all Clubs could confirm their Tournament details plus colours 2 weeks before each tournament is held.
It is vital that we have all results on the days of the Tournaments as the webmaster will want to update immediately all results and League Table. Also, I will need this info as well. Contacts are:
Matthew Roberts 07592-769406 email@example.com
Joe Forber 07790-686496 firstname.lastname@example.org
Email or text would be acceptable, please ensure results are clear, for example: Manchester 30-31 Northants.